Mixed Greens with Apples and Cranberries with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Yield: servings
- Cranberry Vinaigrette:
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoons cranberry cocktail juice
- 1/3cup balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1cup sliced tart apples
- 1/2can thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3cup dried cranberries
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 6cups mixed greens
- 1/4cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- -- Cranberry Vinaigrette, recipe follows.
- To prepare vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together honey, cranberry juice, vinegar, mustard, oil, and season to taste. Whisk in sour cream.
- In bowl, combine apples, onion, cranberries, walnuts and mixed greens. Toss with feta and Cranberry Vinaigrette.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age. Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 149
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 118mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 15g
- Protein 4g