MOMables Easy Sneaky Veggies Meatloaf
- 1cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 handful spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1cup breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 8-ozcans tomato sauce
- 3tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor or mini chopper, chop carrots, zucchini, spinach, onion and garlic until they are finely chopped. Pour in a large bowl.
- To veggies, add breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper, ground beef or turkey and eggs.
- Using your hands, combine ingredients until they are all well mixed.
- Pack meat loaf ingredients in a 10-inch loaf pan.
- Combine tomato sauce and barbecue sauce an pour over meat mixture.
- Bake 1 hour – 1-hour 15 minutes. Oven times and temperatures will vary so check after 50minutes.
To assemble the lunch:
- Take one or two thick slices of leftover meatloaf and cut them into cubes (bite-sized pieces).
- Poke the meatloaf bites through food picks, alternating with cheddar cheese cubes.
- Serve with 1/4 cup marinara sauce in a small-lidded container.
- Pack in your favorite lunch box along with additional veggies and a serving of fresh fruit.
Recipe courtesy of Laura Fuentes, a mother of three and the founder of MOMables, a website that shows busy parents how to make fresh school lunches in 10 minutes or less.