My Big Fat Greek Burger
- Yield: 4 servings
This burger is a scrumptious twist on the traditional cheeseburger.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped (reserve 1 Tablespoon for Tzatziki)
- 1/3cup Feta cheese, plus another 1/2 cup for topping off burgers
- 1cup olive oil
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar (give or take a little depending on preference)
- 1teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1pound ground round
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1small container plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1tablespoon dried dill weed
- 4 Hamburger buns
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar and tarragon.
- Add the pepper through feta cheese, toss with dressing and refrigerate.
- With your hands, mix the beef, Worcestershire sauce and Greek seasoning; form into 4 patties.
- Grill to your liking.
- Combine the yogurt, remaining cucumber and dill weed and spread on the hamburger bun bottoms.
- Add the burgers and top with salad, more feta and bun top.
Recipe courtesy of Shea Goldstein of Dixie Chik Cooks. She cooks. She bakes. She eats. She writes. A jalapeno lover who has had a passion for food since she could eat table food, Shea is a Southern Belle who’s thinking about what’s for dinner while eating lunch.