No-Bake Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 (15-ounce)cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oat flour, lightly packed
- 1 1/2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup dates, pitted & packed (~4 dates)
- 3tablespoons honey
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3cup dark chocolate chunks (plus more for garnish)
- No-Bake Cookie Layer
- 1cup dates, pitted & packed
- 1cup almonds, raw
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- In a food processor (or vitamix), combine beans, pumpkin puree, oat flour, cinnamon, salt, dates, honey and vanilla extract. Process/blend together until smooth. Scoop out into a bowl and stir in dark chocolate chunks. Cover and place in the fridge while you prepare your bottom layer.
- In your food processor, combine dates, almonds and salt. Process until mostly smooth. If there are still some pieces of almonds, that’s fine. Line an 8-inch square dish with parchment paper.Scoop the date + almond mixture into the bottom of the pan. Press it into the bottom of the pan. Top with pumpkin cookie dough.
- Garnish with a small handful of chocolate chips. Cover with foil and place in the fridge for 2 hours (or overnight).
Note: The cookie dough layer won’t be very firm. If you want a cookie dough layer that holds its shape better, put the bars into the freezer for 2 hours before cutting and serving them. However, if you leave the bars in the freezer for too long, the cookie dough layer will get icy.
Recipe courtesy of Kylie Held from yeah…imma eat that, a healthy living blogger and dietetic intern who is passionate about sharing the recipes that keep her excited about eating healthy.