Olive Cheese Cocktail Bread
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1loaf cocktail rye bread or sourdough bread
- 1bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1-- (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1-- (8-ounce) package shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- In bowl, mix together all ingredients except bread. Spread on top bread slices.
- Freeze flat on baking sheet few hours, place in resealable freezable plastic bags.
- Preheat oven 350F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until corners of bread start to turn brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 46
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 138mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 2g