Gut-Friendly Overnight Oats
- Yield: 1 servings
- 1/2cup rolled oats
- 1cup milk (almond, soy, or coconut milk, if preferred)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1tablespoon protein powder of choice (optional)
- sweetener of choice: stevia, coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey
- nut butter, cocoa or raw cacao powder, no-sugar-added jam, shredded coconut, smashed fruit, ground flax meal, chia seeds, cinnamon
- Combine the oats, milk, and salt in a bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge. Add sweetener, protein powder, if using, and additional mix-ins if you like, and eat! If you prefer your oats warm, you can gently heat them on the stove before eating.
Images reproduced by permission of Kyle Books from Go with Your Gut: The Insider’s Guide to Banishing the Bloat with 75 Digestion-Friendly Recipes by Robyn Youkilis. ©2016 by Ellen Silverman. All rights reserved.