Oyster Rockefeller Dip
- Yield: 12 servings
- 36-- oysters, drained and reserve 1/4 cup oyster liquid
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1cup fat free Half and Half
- 1cup skim milk
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon anise-flavored liqueur or Pernod (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Broil oysters on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray until oysters begin to curl, watching carefully. Drain any liquid.
- In large nonstick pot, melt butter. Add cooked spinach, parsley, green onions and green pepper, sautéing until vegetables are tender, 5 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and milk.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup reserved oyster liquid. Add to spinach mixture, cooking until mixture comes to boil and slightly thickens. Add anise, if desired. Makes 3 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 99
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 160mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 6g