Pan Seared Cod with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2teaspoon hot chile paste
- 1tablespoon Chinese black vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1teaspoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon roasted sesame oil, divided
- 1cup shitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 2teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3cups cooked edamame
- 4-- (6-ounce) halibut or salmon fillets
- Combine the first four ingredients, plus ½ teaspoon of the sesame oil, in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat ½ teaspoon sesame oil and 1 teaspoon peanut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the shitake mushrooms sauté 2 minutes. Add the garlic, salt and pepper, sauté 30 seconds. Add the edamame; cook 2 minutes to heat through.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Dredge the fish filets in the hoisin/vinegar sauce to coat, then sear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Divide the edamame onto four plates. Top each with a fish filet.
Recipe by Chef Terry Conlan, Lake Austin Spa.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 586mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 7.4g