Panang Chicken Curry with Basil
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
We used Panang curry paste by Taste of Thai that comes in foil bags in the ethnic section of the supermarket. You can substitute red or green curry paste for the Panang. Serve over jasmine rice so you won't miss a drop.
- 1can (14-ounce) light coconut milk
- 2tablespoons panang curry paste (1.75-ounce package)
- 1tablespoon fish sauce, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1tablespoon dark brown sugar, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1-- red onion, peeled and cut in 1/4-inch wedges
- 1-- rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- 4cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter and lime juice; whisk well.
- Add red pepper and onion; stir to coat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken, cover, and simmer until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil; simmer 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
Recipe by Laraine Perri.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 350
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 570mg
- Potassium 410mg
- Carbohydrate 34mg
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 21g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 20%
- Vitamin C 70%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 8%