Pasta with Greens and Beans
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-- bunch chard
- 1-- bunch spinach
- 1-- garlic clove
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup vegan white wine
- 1-- (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-- (15-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1pound gluten-free fusilli or other chunky pasta
- Thoroughly wash and drain chard and spinach. Chop greens.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil. Add chard and spinach. Add oregano, lemon juice, wine, beans, artichoke hearts, and red pepper flakes. Sauté until greens are wilted.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine pasta and sauce.
Reprinted with permission from Kim Lutz with Megan Hart's Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen and Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes (Sterling, June 2011).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 433
- Fat 12g
- Carbohydrate 69g
- Fiber 13g
- Protein 12g