Paulette Lambert's Ultimate Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
- For Chicken
- 1/2cup plus 1 qt. cold water
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2tablespoons sea salt
- 2pounds skinless, boneless, chicken breast or thighs, pounded thin
- lemon wedges and rosemary for garnish
- For Vinaigrette
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 2teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon water
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Boil 1/2 cup water on stove.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in boiling water. Add mixture to large plastic container with lid. Add 1 qt. cold water. Place raw chicken pieces in brine and refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Right before grilling, make vinaigrette. In small bowl, mix lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, oil and 1 Tbsp. water with whisk. Set aside.
- Wipe grill lightly with olive oil. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Turn heat to medium and grill chicken for 4-5 minutes. Turn over and brush other side with vinaigrette. Continue to grill until golden and done. Brush with remaining vinaigrette.
- Transfer chicken to platter, garnish with lemon wedges and rosemary.
Courtesy of Paulette Lambert, RD, of the California Health & Longevity Institute
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230