PB & J Coconut Flour Protein Pancakes
- Yield: 1 servings
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- 3tablespoons coconut flour
- 1tablespoon vanilla whey protein powder
- 1tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 2/3cup egg whites
- 1/4teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 packet stevia (divided)
- 1//2cup frozen raspberries
- 1tablespoon natural peanut butter
- In a large bowl combine the coconut flour, protein powder, flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and stevia (if using a liquid sweetener, wait and combine with the wet ingredients)
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Adding small amounts at a time, combine the wet ingredients with the dry until all is incorporated.
- Fold in half of the frozen raspberries and allow the batter to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat (spray lightly with olive oil spray if needed)
- Once heated, add in batter (about 2 tablespoons for each pancake).
- Flip each pancake only when the edges are fully cooked (these pancakes take longer than the typical pancake, and will not flip until ready), cook for an additional 2 minutes on the opposite side.
- While the pancakes are cooking, add the remaining raspberries to a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, once heated mash to make a sauce consistency, and stir in remaining stevia or other sweetener of choice.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, drizzle with peanut butter and mashed raspberry sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Christal from Nutritionist in the Kitch. Christal is a nutritionist, massage therapist, animal lover, and foodie from Canada who loves to create wonderful, tasty, guiltless dishes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 319
- Fat 9 g
- Carbohydrate 25 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 33 g