PB2 Granola Bars
- Yield: 14 pieces
These healthy, peanutty granola bars are chock-full of protein and fiber
- 1 cup divided PB2
- 2cups old-fashioned oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1cup Fiber One cereal
- 1cup Wheat Bran
- 2 1/2cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/2cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 4tablespoons light butter
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2large egg whites, bean stiff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the oatmeal, cereals, wheat bran, salt and 1/3 cup of the PB2 powder. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, place the honey, syrup and butter. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Whisk in the remaining 2/3 cup of PB2 and stir until combined. A few small lumps is fine. Take off of heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the heated mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. Fold in the egg whites. Spray a large glass baking dish (13×11 or larger) with cooking spray. Pour granola mixture into pan and press firmly with your hands or a rubber spatula (spray either one with cooking spray to avoid sticking). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars. Place the bars onto a cookie sheet lined with foil about 1/2″ apart. Bake for 8 minutes then carefully turn them over and cook for additional 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Bell Plantation
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 165
- Protein 6 g