Peach and Mozzarella Flatbread with Walnuts and Balsamic-Arugula Salad
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
Behold the ultimate summertime flatbread! Salty mozzarella and juicy peaches offer a delicious sweet-and-salty contrast. Peppery arugula is the cherry on top!
- 10ounces pizza dough
- 1 peach
- 4ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1ounce walnuts
- 2ounces arugula
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If you know you’re making this recipe in advance, take the dough out of the fridge to come to room temperature.
- Par-bake the dough: Using your hands, stretch out the dough into a rough 1/4-inch thick rectangle. If you have a rolling pin or wine bottle, you can use it to roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, until beginning to brown on the edges.
- Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Meanwhile, halve, pit, and slice the peach into wedges. Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Finish the flatbread: When the pizza dough is lightly golden brown, tear the mozzarella cheese into small pieces and sprinkle over the dough. Top with the peach wedges. Return the flatbread to the oven for 5-6 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Dress the arugula: In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish and serve: Top the peach and mozzarella flatbread with the balsamic-arugula salad and walnuts. Cut into squares and enjoy!