Pecan-Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
Make this recipe ahead, then scoop a serving into a microwave-safe bowl, top with milk, and microwave 1 minute, or until hot.
- 2cups 1 percent low-fat milk
- 1cup quinoa
- 1/3cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/3cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- -- Chopped toasted pecans, warm milk, honey or brown sugar (optional)
- Bring milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in quinoa, cranberries and butter. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans, honey, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into four bowls. Top each serving with additional chopped pecans, milk, honey or brown sugar.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission.
Learn more about cooking with quinoa from Relish Cooking Show Chef Brian Morris.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 350
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 70mg
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 12g