- Yield: 10 pieces
You’ll never miss the sugar-laden originals with these decadent Paleo-friendly bites around!
- 1/3cup maple syrup, cold
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 2tablespoons coconut butter, softened
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2teaspoons unsweetened dark chocolate (100% cacao), chopped
- 1/4 pure peppermint extract
- Make the creams: Place all the ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a small bowl and use a hand mixer to combine.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the coconut oil. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Chill the mixture until firm, about 1 hour.
- Scoop the mixture into small balls, then press them between the palms of your hands to form patties.
- Freeze the patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet until hard.
- Make the coating: Melt the topping ingredients in the top of a double boiler over simmering water and stir until melted. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, dip the frozen patties in the chocolate, scraping off the excess on the side of the bowl. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze until chocolate hardens. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleo Indulgences by Tammy Credicott. Victory Belt Publishing, 2012.