Perfect Detox Salad
- 1cup uncooked quinoa (or 2 cups salad greens
- 1 daikon radish, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 - 1cup mix of microgreens and/or sprouts of any kind
- 1/2bunch bunch fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful of raw sunflower seeds
- juice of 1 lemon, preferably Meyer
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook the quinoa. Drain and use it warm or refrigerate it until cold depending on your preference.
- To make the salad, combine all the ingredients thoroughly and serve immediately!
Images reproduced by permission of Kyle Books from Go with Your Gut: The Insider’s Guide to Banishing the Bloat with 75 Digestion-Friendly Recipes by Robyn Youkilis. ©2016 by Ellen Silverman. All rights reserved.