Chicken Breasts with Pretzel Crust
- Yield: servings
- 6-- chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1cup sour cream
- 2-- eggs
- 4cups sourdough pretzel pieces, divided
- 1teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 1tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1stick softened butter
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2teaspoons cracked mustard seed
- 1tablespoon fine crystal sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a flat container. Season with salt and pepper. Mix sour cream and eggs to combine. Pour over chicken. Set aside.
In a food processor, pulse pretzel pieces until coarsely chopped. Add peppercorns and parmesan cheese and continue processing. Resulting mix should look like chopped nuts, not breadcrumbs. Coat chicken with mixture. Place flat on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Bake about 20 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
In a bowl, combine butter, mustards, mustard seed and sea salt. Serve on top of chicken.