Pina Colada Ice Cream
- 2cups frozen pineapple
- 1/2can full fat coconut milk which has been stored in the fridge for at least 10 hours
- 2tablespoons honey (or other sweetener)
- 1/4cup shredded coconut
- Juice of 1 lime
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge (be sure not to shake it as you want the thick cream to remain separated from the clear coconut water). Open the can and scoop out all of the thick coconut cream which will be at the top of the can, be sure not to stir it first.
- Add the coconut cream to the blender along with the frozen pineapple, honey, shredded coconut and juice from 1 lime. Blend.
- If the mixture is too thick and your blender is struggling, add a splash of the coconut water.
- Once the mixture is well blended pour into a container and place covered in your freezer. It should take about 3 hours to fully freeze.
- Remove the ice cream a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften. Alternatively you can also add 1-2 tablespoons of vodka to the mixture when blending which will result in a softer ice cream that can be eaten straight out of the freezer.
Recipe courtesy of Carmen from Every Last Bite. Carmen is a health food blogger who created Every Last Bite to share delicious recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as well as for those following a Paleo or Grain Free Diet.