- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2cups dry whole wheat fusilli
- 1 jar low-sodium tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 spicy chicken sausages
- 1cup sliced mushrooms
- 2/3cup light Kraft Tex Mex cheese
- 2 turkey pepperoni sticks, sliced
- Spray a skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Squeeze sausage out of casings into the skillet. Cook sausage with the onion, garlic, and oregano until sausage is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain water from pasta and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray an 8 x 11 pan with olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of pasta sauce. On top of the sauce, add 1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the mushrooms, and 1/2 of the sausage mixture. For the next layer, add 1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 of the remaining sauce, 1/2 of the remaining mushrooms, and the rest of the sausage mixture. For the final layer, add the rest of the pasta, the remaining sauce, and the rest of the mushrooms. Top with the turkey pepperoni and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Jen Gacek who was prompted after having her third son to eat healthy and exercise. She believes healthy living should never be boring, so she launched The Fit Housewife, full of healthy, family-friendly recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition tips.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 248
- Fat 7g
- Sodium 734mg
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 20g