- 2slices sprouted bread
- 2tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1small tomato, sliced
- 1/2cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Place bread on wire shelf in toaster oven and toast.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes and basil.
- Remove toasted bread from oven and spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on each slice. Spread evenly on the bread and top with sliced tomato and shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375F (in toaster oven) for 4 minutes and then set to broil for 2 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned on top. If you do not have a broil setting, bake until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Finish with fresh basil and a little extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Joy Zhang started food blogging 4 years ago and currently works as a food photographer in Dallas, TX. She recently partnered with 1-2 Simple Cooking to help singles and couples cook more effectively at home. We aim to make cooking approachable through simple, wholesome recipes that ultimately help our readers practice healthy eating habits while having fun in the kitchen.