Pizza with Figs, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1small onion, thinly sliced
- pinch sugar
- 1-- (12-ounce) thin pizza crust
- 2tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4ounces figs, sliced in thirds
- 2ounces proscuitto, cut into pieces
- 1/2cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, optional
- In small nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and sauté onion, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until start to turn golden. Add sugar and continue cooking until caramel color. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven 450F. On pizza crust, spread remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cover with orange marmalade. Arrange cooled onions, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella on crust.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, if desired. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust crisp.
Spicy Advice: Figs are high in fiber and potassium. Can’t find figs, just substitute dates.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 281
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 16mg
- Sodium 279mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 6g