Pomegranate Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 80 mins
Pomegranate juice has three times the heart healthy polyphenol content found in green tea and red wine.
- 1/2cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3-- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon Olive oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2tablespoons coarsely grated onion
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 4 1/2pounds boneless leg of lamb, rolled and tied
- -- Pomegranate seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together all ingredients (except lamb and pomegranate seeds) in a small bowl. Place lamb on roasting rack in roasting pan. Roast 80 to 90 minutes (20 minutes per pound), basting with pomegranate mixture every 15 minutes, until a thermometer reaches 145F for medium-rare, 160F for medium or 170F for well done.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil, and let stand 10 minutes. The internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve with pan juices.
Recipe courtesy of Lava Lake Lamb.
Learn more about pomegranates from Relish Cooking Show Chef Chris Koetke.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 190
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 290mg
- Potassium 340mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 25g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 10%