Pork and Apple Meatloaf with Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Green Salad
Pork, rosemary and apple are a match made in heaven. Creamy mashed potatoes are a classic with meatloaf, and we wouldn’t want it any other way. A crisp and crunchy side salad brightens it all up!
- 20ounces ground pork
- 2 Fuji apples
- 1teaspoon dried rosemary
- 24ounces baby gold potatoes
- 4ounces mixed greens
- 1/2cup panko bread crumbs
- 2stalks celery
- 2ounces sour cream
- 2 shallots
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the potatoes in a large pot with a large pinch of salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook about 15 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, halve and core 1 apple. Using a box grater, grate the cored apple into a large bowl. Peel and grate the shallots into the same bowl. Add the panko, pork, and rosemary to the bowl. Season with salt (we used 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt) and pepper. Thoroughly combine with your hands and form into four equal-sized loaves.
- Place the meatloaves onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Once the potatoes have been drained, heat 2 tablespoons butter in the same pot you cooked them in. Return the potatoes to the pot along with the sour cream. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth, adding as much reserved cooking liquid as necessary to reach a creamy consistency. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover until the rest of the meal is ready.
- Thinly slice the celery on a diagonal. Core and thinly slice the remaining apple. Toss the apple, celery, and spring mix in a large bowl with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the meatloaf on a bed of mashed potatoes, with the salad on the side.
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh as Pork and Apple Meatloaf with Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Green Salad and is being used with permission.