Breaded Portobello Sandwich with Hummus and Balsamic
- 2cups egg batter
- 1/4pound multigrain, gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2tablespoons cilantro
- 1quart hummus (for spreading)
- 1tablespoon goat cheese
- 1tablespoon jack cheese
- 1teaspoon balsamic glaze
- 1/2cup arugula
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 8slices multigrain bread (gluten-free optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake Portobello for about 10 minutes until soft and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip Portobello in egg batter and repeat step with gluten-free bread crumbs (both sides).
- In a pan of oil, lightly deep fry the Portobello.
- Toast gluten-free, multigrain bread slices in Panini grill until lightly toasted (can also use a pan).
- Add ingredients in order, between the slices: cilantro, hummus, goat cheese, jack cheese, balsamic glaze, arugula and Portobello mushroom.
- Grill sandwich on low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Fig Tree Cafe.
You must be logged in to post a comment.