Potato Casserole with Tomatoes, Green Beans and Carrots
- Yield: 6 servings
The casserole can be prepared ahead, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- 1 1/2pounds unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2cups green beans, broken into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1-- (14.5-ounce) can diced, peeled tomatoes, or 1 3/4 cups diced peeled tomatoes
- 1cup canned less-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2cup (2-ounces) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat, partially cover and blanch 7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans and carrots; cook, mixing occasionally, 12 minutes or until brown in spots and tender. Lower heat if browning too quickly. Remove from heat; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Arrange half the potatoes in baking dish. Top with vegetables, undrained tomatoes and remaining potatoes. Pour broth over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serves 6 to 8.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 178
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 472mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 7g