- Yield: 1 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- 6ounces yellow potato, cut into 1/4-inch -thick slices
- 1teaspoon white vinegar
- dash each salt and black pepper
- One 1/2-oz. slice Canadian bacon
- 2cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1large egg
- 1/2teaspoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/4teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Lay potato slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip potato slices. Bake until tender and lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium pot with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar, and bring to a low boil.
- Transfer potato slices to a plate, and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook Canadian bacon until slightly browned and crisp, about 1 minute per side.
- Place Canadian bacon over potato slices. Add spinach to the skillet, and cook and stir until just wilted, about 1 minute. Place over Canadian bacon, and re-cover to keep warm.
- Crack egg into a small bowl. Reduce heat on the boiling water to low, and give the water a stir. Immediately and gently add egg to the water, and cook until egg white is mostly opaque, 3 – 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer egg to a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess water.
- To make the sauce, place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until melted, about 5 seconds. Add mayo, lemon juice, and 1 tsp. water. Stir until uniform.
- Lay poached egg over the spinach, top with sauce, and enjoy!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 285
- Fat 10.5
- Carbohydrate 34 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 14 g