Potato Frittata Twist
In Spain and Portugal, this favorite comforting dish of sliced potatoes, thinly sliced peppers, garlic, and olive oil cooked in an egg batter is sliced and served in wedges, hot or cold.
- 1tablespoon Work of Art Drizzle (Recipe below), divided
- 3medium cold baked russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1cup very thinly sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2large eggs
- 2large egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- Work of Art Drizzle
- 1large clove garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and brush the bottom with about 2 teaspoons of the Work of Art Drizzle.
- Arrange the potatoes, then the peppers in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, without stirring, until the potatoes are warm.
- Drizzle on the remaining Work of Art Drizzle and sprinkle with the parsley.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites with salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Cook, covered, without stirring, for about 8 minutes, until the egg mixture is solid when you shake the pan.
- Remove from the heat, slice, and serve.
Work of Art Drizzle
- In a small bowl, mash the garlic and salt together with a fork until you have a paste.
- Stir in the olive oil until the garlic blends into the oil, then stir in the lemon juice.
Recipe reprinted from the Back in the Swing Cookbook by Barbara Unell and Judith Fertig. Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2012.