- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- 8ounces russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2tablespoons light sour cream
- 2tablespoons light whipped butter or light butter
- 2 wedges light spreadable Swiss cheese
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2cups diced onion
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add cubed potato, and once returned to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook until very tender, 10 – 15 minutes.
- Drain and transfer potato to a large bowl. Add sour cream, butter, cheese wedges, garlic powder, pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Thoroughly mash and mix.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion until softened and lightly browned, 8 – 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked onion into potato mixture.
- Place tortillas between 2 damp paper towels. Microwave for 1 minute, or until warm and pliable.
- One at a time, spread each tortilla with 1/10th of potato mixture, about 2 tablespoons; tightly roll up into a tube, place on the baking sheet, seam side down, and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Spray taquitos with nonstick spray, and sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp. salt. Bake until crispy, 18 – 20 minutes. (Don’t worry if they crack a little.) Enjoy!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 99
- Fat 2 g
- Sodium 158 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 2 g