Provencal Grilled Tuna Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- (5 to 6 ounce) tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 3tablespoons white wine or broth
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 6cups packed torn salad greens
- 1cup halved cherry tomatoes
- -- Vegetable cooking spray
- Measure thickness of fish to determine cooking time; place in a glass dish.
- To make vinaigrette, combine wine and next 5 ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well. Pour 2 tablespoons over fish, add garlic and turn to coat. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and place on grill to heat 1 minute. Place tuna on grill 4 to 6 inches over hot coals. Cover with lid or tent with foil. Cook, turning once, just until tuna begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, about 7 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, arrange salad greens on 4 plates. Place hot tuna on greens and add cherry tomatoes. Shake remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over salads.