Pumpkin Cornbread Baked in Jars
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- 6tablespoons finely ground cornmeal
- 6tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1teaspoon + 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg & cloves
- 1/4cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2teaspoons maple syrup
- 2teaspoons Turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease glass jars (I used three of varying size).
- In medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, egg, and maple syrup.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared jars and sprinkle each evenly with the Turbinado sugar.
- Bake until wooden toothpick inserted into center of one jar comes out clean & cornbread springs back when you gently push on it, about 30-45 minutes depending on jar size.
Recipe courtesy of Healthy Food for Living.