- 1cup pancake mix (whole wheat)
- 1teaspoon heaping, pumpkin spice
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1tablespoon oil
- 1/4cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4cup light coconut milk (or almond)
- pecans for topping
- maple syrup for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin spice, and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, oil and pumpkin puree together. Add to the dry ingredients. Then pour in the coconut milk a 1/4 cup at a time until you get desired liquidity in the pancake batter. I added the full 3/4 cup.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, and grease with butter and oil. Pour 1/3 cup full of pancake batter into the pan and fry pancakes on each side for approximately 5 mins.
- Top with pecan halves, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice.
Elizabeth Minett is a dessert and fashion blogger, food photographer, and model who shares all-things-sweet and stylish at Haut Appetit. Follow her on Twitter at @hautappetit.