- Yield: 1 dozens
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
- 1/4cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3large eggs
- 3large egg whites
- 2cups nonfat milk
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place 12-cup muffin pan on baking sheet in oven to preheat.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, egg whites, milk and oil in medium bowl until smooth.
- Combine flour, salt, pie spice and cayenne in large bowl. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and coat it with cooking spray. Divide batter among the prepared cups. Bake popovers until they are puffed and browned, about 25 minutes.
- Remove popovers from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350F. With a small knife cut small slits into the sides of the popovers, about 3 or 4 per popover. Bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
© 2013 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved.