Quinoa Fritters with Healthy Garlic Aioli
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Quinoa Fritters
- 2-4tablespoons coconut oil
- 1cup cooked quinoa
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1/4cup almond meal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the fritter ingredients in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate heat.
- Using a soup spoon, scoop out the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the frying pan, making sure the edges don’t touch.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
- To make the dipping sauce, place all the ingredients (except the water) in a high speed blend and blend until well combined. Then slowly add the water and blend until the garlic aioli has a nice and creamy consistency.
Recipe courtesy of Vanessa Vickery from Becomingness. Ness is a qualified nutritionist and wellness coach-in-training.