Quinoa Pomegranate Stuffed Indian Eggplants
Wow your guests with a unique party finger food that is packed with vitamins and nutrients!
- quinoa, cooked and salted
- tarragon, freshly chopped
- slivered almonds
- olive oil
- Greek yogurt sauce
- Cook quinoa and fluff. Salt to taste.
- Slice eggplants in half length wise and scoop out the centers with a melon baller. The eggplants should resemble deviled eggs when scooped out.
- Chop balled eggplant and throw it in with the covered quinoa as it cools. Drizzle olive oil into the egg plant bowls and salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 350 until the eggplant can be pierced but still holds shape.
- While the eggplants bake, place pomegranate gems, chopped tarragon, quinoa and eggplant innards in a bowl and toss. When the eggplants are ready from the oven (you’ll be able to smell them), Fill with the quinoa mix.
- Top with sliced almonds and serve with greek yogurt sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Carlene, a dietitian who helps you put a healthy party in your everyday life to guide you to healthfully ever after…starting with the wedding! Cocktails always included. Check out her blog Healthfully Ever After for more of her original, amazing recipes.