Rack of Lame Glazed with Date Syrup and Swiss Chard
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutets
- Braised Swiss Chard
- 4cups Swiss chard, sliced thin
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon onion, minced
- 1tablespoon currants, red & white
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons green olives, chopped
- 1teaspoon lemon, diced
- 1teaspoon raw red Thai hot chili peppers, sliced
- 12ounces rack of lamb, lean only
- Shawarma spices*, as needed
- 1tablespoon Date syrup
Shawarma spice is a mixture of some or more of the following Middle Eastern spices: cumin, coriander, garlic, paprika, turmeric, cloves, cayenne, cinnamon & black pepper & can be found in some supermarkets & specialty grocery stores.
PREP TIME INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAMB
- Season the rack of lamb with the salt & spices.
- Heat skillet with olive oil & sear rack on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to pre-heated oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit & cook
- 15 minutes, or until medium rare; if needed, cover bones on end of rack with foil to prevent charring.
- Let rack of lamb rest 5 minutes.
- Brush date syrup on rack of lamb & slice; one bone per plate.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SWISS CHARD
- Simply sauté the onion & garlic in the olive oil until onions are translucent, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard or substitute any dark leafy green.
- When wilted, toss in remaining ingredients & season with salt & pepper. Serve under rack of lamb bone immediately.
Created by Chef Richard Blais
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 201
- Fat 11 g