Raisin, Rum and Molasses Cookies
- Yield: 1 dozens
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- 1/2cup coconut flour
- 1/4cup coconut butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2cup Muscovado Sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 2tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of blackstrap or dark rum, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/2cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of the rum with the raisins and let sit while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the coconut flour, eggs, coconut butter, muscovado sugar, molasses, ginger, salt, and 2 Tablespoons of the rum in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Fold in the macadamia nuts and rum-soaked raisins.
- Scoop out about 1 Tablespoon of the cookie dough, roll into a ball, and place on the baking mat.
- Press the cookie ball with a moistened spatula or fingers.
- Sprinkled a little bit of coconut flakes on each pressed cookie.
- Back at 375F for 9-12 minutes. Less for chewy, more for crispy cookies.
- Let cool on a cookie rack.
Recipe courtesy of Sharon from Paleo Fondue. More than just cheese and bread, Paleo Fondue is a recipe blog dedicated to Primal & Paleo cuisine with Grain Free desserts!