Raw Beet Ravioli
A raw take on a classic Italian dish
- 3-4 medium candy-striped beets (or any color of your choice)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pesto Oil
- 1/2cup fresh basil
- 1small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Raw Almond "Cheese"
- 1/3cup raw almonds
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2-3tablespoons water, or more as needed
- 1tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Chop the ends and tops off the beets and thinly slice using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife. Lay one slice flat, top with a little nut “cheese” and lay another beet slice on top. Drizzle with pesto oil. Top with freshly-ground black pepper and serve.
- Add the basil, garlic, and sea salt to a food processor and pulse. With the motor running, add the olive oil and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Raw Almond “Cheese”
- Soak almonds in water for at least 1 hour, then drain. Add almonds to a food processor with salt, nutritional yeast, and 1 tablespoon of water to start. Scrape down the sides of the processor and add more water as necessary until it reaches a consistency similar to ricotta. Add the chives at the last second and pulse until incorporated.
Recipe courtesy of Sonnet Lauberth, a holistic health coach, food educator, blogger, and writer on a mission to help people create fresh food that nourishes their body and tastes good! She is the voice behind For The Love of Food, a seasonal cooking blog that’s filled with recipes to help you live a healthy, sustainable life.