Raw Brussels & Avocado Salad in Tarragon Dressing
- 1pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 hass avocado
- 2tablespoons toasted, salted pepita seeds
- 1/2 blush apple
- 1/3cup goat cheese
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1pinch coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 handful chopped fresh tarragon
- 1tablespoon agave nectar
For the tarragon dressing:
- Wash tarragon, remove leaves from stems and dice very finely. Whisk lemon juice and mustard together in a bowl. Add and olive oil, sea salt, agave, pepper and whisk again. Add tarragon and whisk again. If desired, you can forego all whisking and pulse everything together in a food processor. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Cut enough of the base off of each Brussels sprout so the leaves begin to loosen and unhinge. Discard outer leaves if bruised or stained. Continue to remove as many of the largerleaves from each cabbage as possible, reserving the very centers for another use. Toss leaves in dressing and set aside.
- Slice avocado into wedges and slice apples into paper thin slices.
- If serving on a platter, place apple slices on the bottom of the platter to create a base. If not, simply add apples, avocado and pepita seeds to Brussels and gently toss. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Honest Fare is all about the simple art of food preparation: turning a fresh set of ingredients into something beautiful in both flavor and appearance. What you see on Honest Fare are the culinary experiments that come out of Gabrielle’s nothing-special kitchen in Winter Park, Florida. It’s never anything too fancy, just food that looks as good as it tastes and doesn’t require too much thinking.