Refried Soybean Chorizo Enchiladas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2cup onion
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1-- (15-ounce) can black or white soybeans, drained, divided
- 1cup hot cooked long grain rice
- 6ounces soy-based chorizo, removed from casing
- 1-- (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2cup (2 ounces) diced smoked soy Gouda cheese
- 8-- flour tortillas
- 1 1/2cups jarred salsa verde
- 1 1/2cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican-style soy cheese
- 1/2cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, jalapeno, and chili powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 can soybeans, mash with the back of a spoon. Stir in remaining beans, rice, and chorizo; cook until bubbling. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and cool 5 minutes. Stir in Gouda. Salt to taste.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Pour 1 cup salsa Verde in the bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in salsa; fill with 1/2 cup bean mixture, roll-up coating tortilla with the salsa. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and bean mixture. Top tortillas with 1 cup salsa Verde. Top with Mexican style cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes. Top each enchilada with 1 tablespoon sour cream.