Rio Star Fiesta Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4-- Texas navel oranges
- 1-- Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
- 3cups peeled and cubed jicama (about 1 pound)
- 3/4cup slivered red radishes (about 6 medium)
- 1 1/2teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 3tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2teaspoons honey
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash salt
- 4cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1cup pomegranate seeds
- 3tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seed kernels, toasted
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel and section oranges and grapefruit over a large bowl, reserving juice; add sections to juice. Add jicama and radishes to orange/grapefruit mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Combine lime rind, lime juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, black pepper and salt in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce in a large bowl. Using a slotted spoon, place the orange/grapefruit mixture over lettuce; drizzle evenly with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seed kernels, and cilantro and serve.