Rio Star Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- Yield: servings
- 1/4cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2-- avocados, cut into halves lengthwise and pitted
- 3/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 2teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2-- Texas Rio Star grapefruit, sectioned with juice reserved
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup olive oil
- Brush 2 teaspoons lemon juice over flesh of avocados; set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, salt, and tarragon to the reserved grapefruit juice; season with pepper. Whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Add grapefruit sections and toss gently.
- Place each avocado half on a plate. Top with grapefruit mixture, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.