Roast Chicken and Pear Salad
- Yield: servings
- 3tablespoons sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 6tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-- firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1large head red leaf lettuce (8 cups)
- 1small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1ounce Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Whisk in oil. Place pears in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar mixture; toss.
- Combine lettuce, red onion and chicken in a large bowl. Add remaining vinaigrette (or to taste) and toss.
- Arrange salad on large plates. Top each serving with pears, pecans and cheese. Serves 6.
Recipe by Laraine Perri.