Roasted Asparagus With Gremolata And Almond Star Dust
- Yield: 6 servings
The “star dust” adds yet another layer of flavor, texture, and (monounsaturated) fat.
- 2bunches asparagus, woody ends removed (about 20 stalks)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped finely
- 1clove garlic, minced finely
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4cup unsalted whole roasted almonds
- Place the asparagus in a large bowl and add the olive oil and salt, tossing until completely coated.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Transfer the asparagus to two baking sheets, arranged in a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes and check for doneness. Note: Very fresh, just picked asparagus often cooks quickly. Cook in 3-minute increments until the asparagus is as tender as you like it.
- While the asparagus roasts, place the parsley, garlic, and half of the lemon zest in a small bowl and stir together.
- Pulverize the almonds in a clean coffee grinder or stand blender. You’re looking for some flecks of texture; pieces of the nuts are okay.
- Place the asparagus in a serving dish or shallow bowl. Sprinkle the gremolata all over the asparagus, followed by the “dust.”
- Eat hot or at room temperature.