Roasted Beet and Edamame Pasta with creamy Tahini Sauce
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Crisp edamame, sweet roasted beets, and creamy tahini-- What more could you ask for in a pasta dish?
- 1-2tablespoon olive oil
- 12ounces penne pasta
- 1pound beets, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2cups spinach
- 1cup cooked edamame
- salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- For the tahini sauce
- 3/4cup tahini paste
- 5tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4- 1 1/2cups water (depending on desired thickness)
- 1large clove of garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- With an immersion blender mix everything together. Start with 3/4 cup of water and add more if it is too thick. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix beets with olive oil salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place beets on baking sheet. Cover with another sheet of tin foil. Roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until beets are fork tender. Check every 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta. Once your pasta is cook strain it. Return the pasta to the same pot you cooked it in and add the spinach and edamame while pasta is still hot. Add roasted beets and balsamic vinegar. Mix everything together. Drizzle desired amount of sauce over pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Bemis, a 29 year old organic farmer known for the recipes she creates using vegetables grown by her and her husband. Currently, Andrea blogs on Dishing Up The Dirt where she shares delicious daily recipes and quirky stories from the fields.