Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
- For the dressing:
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon miso
- 1tablespoon Dijon
- 1tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- For the salad:
- 1head organic cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- Fresh pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and let that sit. If it’s too thick – add more rice vinegar to thin it out
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Spray your sided cookie sheet or broiler pan with olive oil. Set that aside. Taking a clean towel, opened completely, add your drained and rinsed chickpeas to the middle of the towel. Flip one side of the towel over the beans and gently roll back and forth. This will help remove the outer skin of the chickpea and allow them to crisp up nicely in the oven. Pick out the outer layer pieces and compost or discard.
- Add your skinned chickpeas and cauliflower to your pan. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil to roast and toss to coat. I sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Then roast until golden. This will take about 40 minutes – flipping occasionally. Once golden, remove and add to a large bowl. Pour your dressing over the top and give it a good toss while warm. I serve at room temperature. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator covered in a tupperware.
This recipe originally appeared on Knead to Cook.