Roasted Cauliflower with Kale Almond Pesto
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- 1/3cup almonds
- 2 red jalapeño peppers
- 1/2bunch kale, stems removed
- 1cup parsley leaves
- 2tablespoons oregano leaves
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 3tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 2medium cauliflowers, trimmed & cut into florets
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Place almonds, jalapeño and garlic in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once halfway through cooking, until almonds are golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- De-seed jalapeño and squeeze garlic cloves from their skins. Meanwhile, steam kale until bright green, about 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water and let drain in a colander over a bowl or sink.
- Add almonds, jalapeño, garlic, kale, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Add single layer of cauliflower florets. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sauté until lightly browned.
- Transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet and repeat with remaining oil and cauliflower. Roast until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a large serving bowl and toss with pesto to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Gardein.