Roasted Sweet Potato Boats with Crispy Spiced Chickpeas, Lemony Hummus, and Arugula Salad
- Cook: 40 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1can chickpeas
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon coriander
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1/2cup hummus
- 1 lemon
- 4ounces grape tomatoes
- 1bunch parsley
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place face-down on a sheet tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, until very tender.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Halve the lemon and grape tomatoes. Mince or grate the garlic. Chop the parsley.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas with a drizzle of olive oil, the cumin, paprika, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the sheet tray with the sweet potatoes and roast 20 minutes, until crispy.
- Mix together the hummus, a squeeze of lemon, and the garlic (to taste). Season with salt and pepper and thin to a sauce-like consistency with water, if necessary.
- Smash the roasted sweet potatoes lightly with a fork. Plate a mound of arugula and tomatoes, then drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the sweet potato, hummus sauce, roasted chickpeas, and parsley. Dig in!