Roasted Tomato & Garlic Spread
- Yield: servings
- 2 pints of organic cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 7-10 peeled cloves of fresh garlic
- 1tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1tablespoon dried thyme
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon dried oregano (optional)
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1package softened light cream cheese
- fresh herbs, to taste (I used finely chopped fresh basil, parsley, oregano and thyme with a pinch of rosemary.)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and toss with garlic and olive oil in bowl.
- Pour the tomatoes, garlic and olive oil onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 2 -3 hours making sure they do not burn.
- Cool and put into a jar. Make sure to add the olive oil back onto the tomatoes and even a little extra if there isn’t much left from the baking process.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours to firm up and to let the flavors blend. Will keep for a month.
- Combine the softened cream cheese with herbs of your choice and ½ c of the roasted tomatoes & garlic and mix on low with hand mixer.
Recipe courtesy of Brandi, a food enthusiast who focuses on clean, healthy, organic, vegan meals, combines her backgrounds in photography and nutrition by sharing the beautiful and tasty foods she cooks and photographs on her blog Simply Love Food.