Roasted Vegetable and Georgia Pecan Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2medium zucchini
- 2medium summer squash
- 1-- red onion
- 4-- plum tomatoes
- 3/4cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 4teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 to 3teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4cups mixed salad greens
- 24-- Georgia pecan halves
- 1/4cup Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
- Heat oven to 400F. Lightly oil two baking sheets.
- Cut zucchini and summer squash lengthwise in half, then cut each half crosswise into large chunks (about 1 1/2-inch thick). In medium bowl, toss zucchini and squash with chopped pecans, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread mixture in a single layer on one baking sheet. Set aside.
- Cut red onion into 1-inch thick wedges and place in same bowl. Cut tomatoes lengthwise into quarters and add to onion. Toss onion and tomatoes with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread mixture in a single layer on second baking sheet.
- Roast all vegetables 5 minutes. Turn vegetables and pecans and roast 4 to 5 minutes longer or until most of the vegetables are just tender and lightly browned-do not overcook. Combine all the vegetables and chopped pecans in a large bowl, sprinkle with vinegar and gently stir.
- To serve, divide salad greens among plates. Top each with a mixture of vegetables and chopped pecans. Pour any liquid in bowl over vegetables. Garnish each serving with 3 pecan halves and, if desired, Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 237
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0
- Sodium 291mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 5g